The Hotel Windsor
The Hotel Windsor, 5 star hotel in Melbourne is located at 111 Spring Street, on the corner with Little Collins Street. Our Melbourne hotel is in the heart of the city opposite Victoria's stately Parliament House and Treasury Gardens and next to the Princess Theatre.
Enjoy luxury accommodation in Australia that is in walking distance to the shops, restaurants and offices of Collins and Bourke Streets, and many of Melbourne's landmarks including Federation Square, the National Gallery of Victoria, the MCG, and the Southbank arts precinct. Parliament train station and tram stops are in front of our Melbourne hotel, The Hotel Windsor.
Address: 111 Spring Street, Melbourne, Victoria 3000.
Telephone: (+61 3) 9633 6000
Ernest Buckmaster at The Hotel Windsor
The Hotel Windsor has a collection of 15 paintings by the Australian tradtional representational artist Ernest Buckmaster on display in the hotel lobby. Please click here to view the collection online via our e-zine.
A Distinguished Guest List
The Windsor has welcomed a long list of international celebrities, politicians and royalty since opening its doors in 1883. Notable guests include:
Lauren Bacall, Katharine Hepburn, Vivien Leigh, Gregory Peck, Douglas Fairbanks, Sir Anthony Hopkins, Meryl Streep, Sir Laurence Olivier, Claudette Colbert.
Kylie Minogue, Barry Humphries, Dame Joan Sutherland, Robert Helpmann, Rudolph Nureyev, Dame Margot Fonteyn and entrepreneur Sir Richard Branson.
Muhammad Ali, the Australian and English Cricket teams
Former Australian Prime Ministers John Howard, Gough Whitlam, Malcolm Fraser, Sir Rupert Hamer, Paul Keating and Sir Robert Menzies. Along with other notable politicians such as Governor Michael Dukakis.
Services & Facilities
Our aim at the 5 star Hotel Windsor in Melbourne is to provide all guests with an outstanding and memorable experience. As a result our Guest Services team and Concierge will go out of their way to make your dream stay a reality.
Your Concierge has access to a worldwide network of professionals who can make arrangements for you anywhere and anytime.
- 160 rooms and 20 suites
- Wireless internet available
- All rooms are non smoking
- Heating and air-conditioning in all rooms
- Double glazed windows that can be opened
- The White Company bathroom amenities
- Pillow Menu
- Coffee and tea making facilities
- Fully-stocked mini-bar
- Iron and ironing board
- Slippers on request
- 24 hour Reception
- 24 hour Room Service
- Concierge service
- Business Centre
- Dry cleaning and laundry service
- Valet parking - offsite car park
- Daily newspaper delivered to room
- Towers Fitness Centre — complimentary
The Hotel Windsor is the proud recipient of numerous industry, consumer and media awards. The most recent include:
- 2011 World Travel Awards
- Nominated Australasia's Leading Hotel
- 2010 World Travel Awards
- The Hotel Windsor nominated for "Australia's Leading Hotel" and "Australasia's Leading Hotel"
- 2010 Luxury Travel Gold List
- The Hotel Windsor recognised as one of the "Best Australian Hotels"
- Gold Circle Award by Agoda
- The Hotel Windsor recipient of the 2010 award
- HotelClub Awards - 2008
- Voted Best Hotel in Victoria